In July, a fifty-year-old Spaniard who had not visited any endemic countries was diagnosed with the chikungunya virus. Most likely, the infection occurred in his home town. This is not the first time the tropical virus has been transmitted in Europe. A publication in eLIFE shows that the distribution of the transmitting mosquito covers a great part of Europe. Continue reading
Showing articles tagged with 'Spain'
- Platelet transfusion after stroke not beneficial for patients using antiplatelet drugs
- Mindfulness can help prevent depression relapse
- Swift blood transfusion after trauma lowers risk of death
- ‘Milestone’ in cocaine dependence treatment: dexamfetamine effective and safe
- Stress response after childhood trauma measurable in DNA
- Antibiotic resistance growing global problem for children with urinary tract infection
- Venous thromboembolism after radical cystectomy associated with lower survival of bladder cancer
- Microbirthing: a good or a bad idea?
- Researchers predict IVF failure using gene expression profiling
- Recovery sleep could compensate elevated risk of diabetes
- Preseasonal treatment with omalizumab prevents fall asthma exacerbations
- Obese patients: more mental health conditions than expected
Most popular tags
Join our newsletter
And stay updated throughout.